Welcome to the new village. Established in 2019, Brella is on a mission to transform the way we raise the next generation. Brella was founded by two busy moms who wanted to create a new model of care that is flexible enough to work for today’s families' dynamic lives while also ensuring the best developmental experience.
Where We're Located
Playa Vista: 12746 W Jefferson Blvd Suite 3-3100, Playa Vista, CA 90094 (M-F, 8AM-5PM)
Hollywood: 909 N Orange Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90038 (M-F, 8AM-5PM)
Pasadena: 475 S Lake Ave, Pasadena, CA 91101 (M-F, 8AM-6PM)
Brella teachers bring a wealth of knowledge and experience through diverse backgrounds across the fields of early childhood education, human development, psychology and more. Our team is committed to nurturing a child’s foundational traits, or “Three C’s”: confidence in themselves, compassion for others, and curiosity about the world around them - and leverage our play-based curriculum inspired by Montessori, Reggio Emilia and RIE.
Teaching at Brella is designed for those who love to provide learning opportunities no matter how long or short of a time with a child in a dynamic work environment. We are designed to meet the changing needs of the communities we serve. As we grow, so will you - whether that’s inside or outside of the classroom, our non-traditional model works best for educators that embrace change, are adaptable, and are passionate about changing an industry.Educator Roles & Requirements
We welcome teachers with a variety of experiences from recent completion of Early Childhood Education credits to seasoned educators. All of our teachers provide a safe and loving environment for children aged 3 months to 6 years while modeling empathy, respect and gentle guidance. Candidates for all of our teacher roles are required to hold at least 12 units of Child Development and/or ECE coursework as required by Title 22, Section 101216.1
- Resource/Floater Teacher roles are great for early-in-career educators with teacher assistant experience or those seasoned teachers who enjoy and want to explore different age ranges across our program by providing support to our classrooms during breaks, planning time, and covering for callouts.
- Teacher roles are an opportunity to focus on a specific age range while diving deeper into our play-based curriculum, planning, flow of day, documentation and communicating effectively with the team, children and parents. Our new Program Teacher role is perfect for a teacher desiring more exposure and experience across all areas of our program by stepping in to cover staffing gaps due to leaves of absence, PTO or turnover.
- Lead Teachers have strong communication skills whether it be navigating a difficult conversation with a parent or giving effective feedback to a co-teacher. We look for lead teachers that have previous experience in modeling best practices in a licensed center and coaching others.
We Care for Our Caregivers
Full-time educators at Brella are eligible for:
- Competitive pay:
- Resource/Floater Teacher: $19- $20
- Teacher / Program Teacher: $20-$23
- Lead Teacher: $23 - $26
- 401K eligibility to contribute after 3 months
- Employee paid STD, LTD, AD&D
- Brella sponsored Basic & Supplemental Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Additional medical and mental health benefits (One Medical, Health Advocate, Talkspace)
- Rest & Recharge
- Paid Time Off - 10 days/year
- Sick & Safe Time - 6 days/year
- Center Closing/Holidays - 8 days/year
- Discounted child care (depending on availability)
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- Referral program
- Fun celebrations & team building opportunities
- Demonstrate full range of motion to lift, reach, squat, climb, sit, walk, bend and otherwise fully participate in activities. Standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to physically handle children between 0-6 years of age using appropriate techniques. Ability to lift children up to 50 pounds.
- Maintain mental and physical alertness and an appropriate level of energy to perform essential job requirements.
- Respond immediately and appropriately to multiple or unexpected situations or emergencies.
- Follow state, federal and Brellas’ guidelines regarding immunizations, employment physical, and required health and safety training and practices.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed, not an exhaustive list of all essential functions and responsibilities. Qualified applicants or employees with a disability must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.