Welcome to the new village. Established in 2019, Brella is on a mission to transform the way we raise the next generation. Brella was founded by two busy moms who wanted to create a new model of care that is flexible enough to work for today’s families' dynamic lives while also ensuring the best developmental experience.
Where We're Located:
Brella Playa Vista: 12746 W Jefferson Blvd Suite 3-3100, Playa Vista, CA 90094
Brella Hollywood: 909 N Orange Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90038
Brella Pasadena (coming Summer 2023): 475 S Lake Ave, Pasadena, CA 91101
Brella centers are open Monday through Friday and shifts currently run between 7:45 AM - 5:15 PM but our hours will expand in the future. We are always on the lookout for Substitute Teachers with availability to cover Paid Time Off or callouts for our amazing team.
As a Substitute Teacher You Will:
- Provide a safe and loving environment for children aged 3 months through 6 years of age in our classrooms in collaboration and under the direction of co-teachers
- Model empathy through respect, response, and gentle guidance
- Engage as children work with age-appropriate, stimulating, and thoughtful materials
- Support the implementation of Brella's curriculum under the direction of co-teachers
- Keep the classroom safe by following procedures and guidelines
Experience, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- At least 18+ years of age with a High School Diploma and 12 Early Childhood Education units and for those that work in our infant rooms this must include 3 units specific to infant care (Required)
- Experience working in a licensed child care facility (Required)
- Must meet the requirements of the California Department of Social Services / Licensing
- The ability to display a patient and calm demeanor coupled with a loving approach to every child
- A collaborative spirit and ability to take direction from staff to support our rooms as needed
We Care for Our Caregivers
Our Substitutes are considered Part-Time employees and are eligible for:
- Competitive Pay:
- Substitute Rates: $19- $23, placement in the range is dependent on education, relevant experience, and interview assessment
- Sick & Safe Time - accrued based on hours worked up to 6 days/year
- Demonstrate full range of motion to lift, reach, squat, climb, sit, walk, bend and otherwise fully participate in activities. Standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to physically handle children between 0-6 years of age using appropriate techniques. Ability to lift children up to 50 pounds.
- Maintain mental and physical alertness and an appropriate level of energy to perform essential job requirements.
- Respond immediately and appropriately to multiple or unexpected situations or emergencies.
- Follow state, federal and Brella’s guidelines regarding immunizations, employment physical, and required health and safety training and practices.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed, not an exhaustive list of all essential functions and responsibilities. Qualified applicants or employees with a disability must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.